Ready for something new in my essential oil series? Today, I've got a super easy and luxurious recipe for you - Coconut Sugar Scrub with your choice of essential oil! Mmmm!
doTERRA Coconut Sugar Scrub
Yields approximately 12 ounces or 3, 4 ounce mason jelly jars
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon essential oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3, 4 ounce mason jelly jars
- In a glass bowl, microwave the coconut oil for 1 minute or until thoroughly melted.
- Add your essential oil and gently whisk with a fork. Mix in sugar.
- While your scrub is still warm spoon into each mason jar. Your scrub is done!
- Now, the best part - keep your scrub near the bath and it works absolute wonders when shaving your legs. Scrub your legs well, shave, scrub again, and shave a second time. Your legs will have never felt smoother!
I made two batches of scrub for Christmas gifts this year - one with eucalyptus and another with peppermint. Both smell oh so fresh! I think I'm going to try another batch near Mother's Day with doTERRA's Serenity which is a blend of lavender, sweet marjoram, roman chamomile, ylang ylang, sandalwood and vanilla bean. Yes, it is divine as it sounds :)
Jenny, a doTERRA essential oils educator, has joined the blog as a sponsor. If you are interested in ordering essential oils at wholesale (25% off!) check out the details here.
/// Follow That Mama Gretchen on Facebook and take a peek at this month's featured sponsor ///