Earlier this summer Olivia from Soul Singing Liv asked me to share a summer themed post while her family vacationed in Arizona. I was tickled to pass on this fabulous recipe. It is seriously one of the best and I pretty much consider it a crime if it isn't at every summer BBQ/picnic/potluck.
- - - - -Something about summer literally makes my mouth water for Mexican food. Especially salsa.
This recipe is from my dear friend, Charissa, and is hands-down the ultimate salsa. May I introduce ... BLACK BEAN SALSA! Here's what you'll need:
- 2-15 oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-15 oz can of corn, drained
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup lime juice, start with that, but you usually need more especially if it sits for awhile
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 small chopped red onion