Sweet Jem ...
Not long ago I remember thinking, "Sissy, you are going to be such a big girl when you're 22 months! You'll become a big sister, be talking up a storm, and still be my most favorite girlie in the world!" And it's all true :)
Although I've been super tired and a pretty boring mama this last month, you've kept up our spirits with your bright eyes and frequent cuddles. You definitely sense that a change is coming - you've been very attentive to my growing belly and you dole out kisses and hugs like no one's business. I can't make it through the day without joining you for a nap and I hope that we'll be able to get brother on our schedule so we can keep up our sleep dates each afternoon.
Keep your fire little one, it brings be so much joy each and every day.
|your favorite thing ... climbing on tables when no one is looking | granola bar grin | enjoying a chicken caesar wrap | book explosion|
|Daddy and Sis | can't wait for you to wear this top c/o this lovely shop | reading with your auntie | naptime with Mama|
- We visited the apple cider farm and you gobbled down part of a fritter and loved riding on the trikes. Aggressive goats and loud birds were not your favorite, though. Plus, you tripped and scraped your chin and knees :( We'll be heading back in the Fall for pumpkins, hopefully accident free.
- The other day you gave me a lovely lotion facial, so sweetly spreading lotion all over my facial with tons of smiles and giggles :)
- Getting our room all set up - it definitely feels more like home now.
PickingEating blueberries from Pop's and Mimi's bush outside.
- You reacted to feeling brother move for the first time! After you felt his bump, you gave him a kiss :)
- Multiple times each day you climb onto the couch and yell "bye" and "boo". This means you want a blanket spread on your lap and a friend to come sit next to you with a pile of books :)
- Kissing your baby doll that sleeps in brother's co-sleeper right now
- Picking your own snack from the pantry
- Caillou - not just a favorite thing, you're pretty much obsessed with your best friend, "Cai"
- Watching for planes whenever we are outside
I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep up a monthly list of new words. It seems like each day brings something new for us to guess :)
- Animal sounds are the highlight of many conversations. You've mastered the sounds for cow, horse, dinosaur, dog, cat, sheep, bunny, duck, mouse, monkey, lion, bear, bird and pig.
- You know the animal sign for dog, horse, bird, and monkey too!
- "Choos" --- shoes
- "Do" --- door
- "Stu" --- stuck
- "Bye" --- blanket
- "Cai" --- your favorite TV show, Caillou
Nothing new - still a lover of berries and meatballs. You've become very independent when eating - you want exactly what we are having, in the same form. Tacos shall not be deconstructed, wraps must be complete, cereal must have milk and a spoon, and sandwiches are best grilled so the bread doesn't slip around.