I have been thinking about potty learning for way too long. It's time for me to move into the research phase of this topic. You with me?
I've been hesitant for a few reasons ...
- Potty learning makes me feel like Jemma is grown up, more grown up than I want her to be
- It takes effort on my part to get this process going and I'm a third trimester tired mama
- I don't really know where to start. Part of me feels lame for not pursuing elimination communication techniques from the beginning and now, I'm at a loss trying to determine where to start. There are many theories out there!
So ... awareness. I'd say we are getting there.
Now, the next step? I'm not really sure. I really don't want to put a ton of effort into potty learning, have brother arrive, and then have Jemma regress. I'd almost rather wait until she is overly ready. Any thoughts or ideas? Especially from mamas who have welcomed a second baby during the potty learning?
In the meantime, I'm off to do some more research/reading. Thank the Lord for the internet and for mama's who are sharing their experiences!
- Easy Potty Learning for Toddlers
- 13 Toilet-Training Tips to Learn Before You Start
- Toilet Learning Made Easy
- Potty Learning
- Potty Learning - Learning to Let Go
- Potty Learning with Patience and Praise
Send me your tips and resources on potty learning! I'd love to here your personal experiences too!
This post was sponsored by Super Skivvies, I truly love their products and my words were in no way tainted by our advertising/product swap.